Remember January 27, 2010? That was the day that Apple changed the way we use personal computers with the release of the first generation iPad. Aside from it’s shortcomings, I bought one. I’ve suffered with it’s lack of storage and limited uses, but now that apple has announced the iPad G2, things are looking up. features of the iPad G2 include:
- Unlocked with capability to use both GSM and CDMA networks.
- Supports G3 and G4 Speeds (where available)
- SD Card Slot accepts SD/SDHC/SDXC cards for expansion
- Dual 5 Megapixel cameras (One on rear, one on front)
- Built-in Microphone
- LED LCD replaced with Easier-on-the-eyes active color display
- Multitasking Capability Added 7:11 PM
It’s a shame it took this long for apple to identify the shortcomings of its device, but the iPad G2 is definitely the correct answer to the first generation iPad.
I’m kind of surprised that Apple released what seem like no more than a 9.7 inch iPod touch with such limited expandability. I am looking forward to what other manufacturers come up with to compete with Apple. Hopefully we’ll see some of (or all of) the features I mentioned integrated into a comparably performing low cost tablet. Ironically, I’ve seen $400-500 web/application tablets released 5 or more years in the past and they all seemed to have disappeared. I wonder, If they had Apple’s reputation and marketing strength behind them back then, what would we be seeing today?