I’ve always had an appreciation for photography. Even as a young child, I had my 110 film point-and-shoot camera ready to capture the world around me. Even in college I took a course where I learned some of the basics and even got some darkroom experience, but it wasn’t until digital photography became I think that I jumped into the hobby full force.
After the events of September 11, 2001, the company I had been working for consolidated their staff to their New Jersey office. Not being a fan of the commute, I stepped down and started looking for work elsewhere. The IT/Tech industry was tough to get back into at the time, so I started looking elsewhere. I already had basic photography training and experience, but was far from a professional. A friend referred me to Empire Classics (Long Island division of Lors Photography) who put me through their training program. Those of us who completed the training were issued equipment and hired as a seasonal portrait photographers. This was my first real photography job, and it really supercharged my interest in the art.
Today, most of my photography work focuses on event and candid photography, but I have rekindled an interest in portrature as well as night and long exposure photography. I’ve been a participant of the Long Island Portrait Photography Workshop since 2013 and in the beginning of 2014, I took over the responsibilities as the groups organizer. We meet monthly to work collaboratively to improve our portraiture skills.
My Photo Kit
Okay. so you want to know what toys I’m playing with nowadays?
- Canon EOS 5D Mark III
- Canon 24-70 f/2.8 L
- Tamron AF 70-300 f/4.0-5.6 Di VC
- Canon 50mm f/1.8
- Fujifilm X-T2 (Graphite Edition)
- XF 16mm f/1.4 R WR
- XF 27mm f/2.8
- XF 56mm f/1.2 R
- XF 18-55 f/2.8 R LM OIS
- XF 50-140mm f/2.8 R LM OIS WR
- Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 Fish-eye
- Paul C Buff Einstein E640 Strobes
- Yongnuo YN-600 EX RT Speedlight
- Yongnuo YN-560 IV Speedlights with TX-560 Remote
- Yongnuo YN-360 Light-Bar
- Assorted Modifiers (Softboxes, Umbrellas, Snoots, etc..)
More of my Photography
Here’s a few links to other sites that host my photography. Jaypoc Studios and Facebook contain my most recent photos, but every now and then I’ll put a few things up on Flickr, so stop by there as well. You can also see some of my work in the K98.3 photo albums (not all the albums are shot by me, however), as I work part time with their promotions department.
- Photography by Jason Bauman – My official photography site, https://jaypoc.photography
- My Instagram Accounts – @jaypoc and @jaypoc365
- Facebook photo albums: https://www.facebook.com/jaypoc/photos_albums
- Flickr photo albums: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jaypoc/
- K98.3 (Connoisseur Media): http://www.k983.com