For the longest time, I was one of the people who claimed that I would never need an MP3 player. With the exception of some songs, I get tired of hearing the same old music pretty quickly. I’m rarely on the train or even in the car for a very long time. When I am, I have XM radio and often listen to Opie and Anthony, or a mix of the 80s, rock and dance channels. It’s enough to keep me entertained.
Then one day, http://www.woot.com had a special sale. 30GB Zune for $100! I figured, 30 GB would be more than I would ever need in an MP3 player, and this was a decent price. I ordered my Zune and then the fun began!
I got really into podcasts and despite loading 20 GB of music onto my Zune, I left enough room for some audio and video podcasts. I thought I’d share my play list and if you know of any cool podcasts I might like let me know. If you produce your own podcast, feel free to let me know all about it and take advantage of my blog for some free promotion.
TWIT.TV with Leo Laporte and Friends – TWiT.tv
- The Tech Guy (Ask Anything about Technology w/ Leo Laporte)
- This Week in Tech (Tech News w/ Leo Laporte, John Dvorak, Patrick Norton)
- Windows Weekly (Microsoft News w/ Leo Laporte, Paul Thurrott, etc..)
- Security Now (Security News w/ Leo Laporte, and Steve Gibson of GRC/SpinRite)
- FLOSS Weekly (Open Source Software/Hardware discussions w/ Leo Laporte and Randal Schwartz)
(Yes, There’s a lot at TWIT.TV. lol)
- This Week in Law (Law and Technology w/ Leo Laporte and Denise Howell) – TWiT.tv
- MunchCast (Geeky Food show w/ Leo Laporte and Cammy Blackstone) – TWiT.tv
- Scam School (Bar Scams/Tricks taught by Magician Brian Brushwood) – Revision 3
- Ask a Ninja (Comical QA show with a (?) real Ninja!) – AskANinja.com
While most people complain their commute to work is too long, I often find myself complaining that it’s too short 🙂